Thursday, April 28, 2011

April Showers

If the old saying is right we should have some great May Flowers!!  It has rained heavy on and off here all day. Right now the sun is back out and the birds are chirping again.

I have been dyeing all day today and will again tomorrow.  Right now its for Battenkill Fibers..."metowee" today and 'bee balm" tomorrow.  If you haven't seen their yarn you can see samples on the web page  www.battenkillfibers.com  Look under yarn and then signature colors and you will see the palette.



Yesterday when the knitting group was here I was spinning some of the Wensleydale X fiber that they washed and carded for me. Ohhh, it spins like butter!!  I am spinning it to be a fingering weight yarn.   I am spinning to knit another shawl, the Tiered Shawl, from "Two Old Bags"  I saw this knit up when we went to stitches in the fall.  Hopefully, I get it done before next fall!!  

My Lady Lady Bertram Shawlette is done, and blocked.  It worked out better than I could have expected!!  I used yarn that I purchased to dye for the project.  Its 50% tencel and 50% merino.  If your interested their is still some in stock.  

Here is one more sign of spring...Dad with his new hens.  The summer market in Saratoga starts on Wednesday, May 4th!!

  Tom, Liz and I will all be gone May 5th to May 9th.  We are traveling to the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival.  Liz and I will be showing sheep on the Saturday the 7th.  I am looking forward to it more than ever!!  Its always a good time, but this time we'll have our sheep there.!!!  

The shop will be closed from Thursday May 5 and re-open on Tuesday May 10th.  

No comments: