Tuesday, November 17, 2009

frosty morning


I thought about waiting for the sun to come up this morning for a picture, but the frosty pasture is so peaceful that I couldn't resist sending this to you. I love the look of contentment. They are happy sheep. So much to eat and nothing to do but eat and sleep. As the sun comes up they will begin to wake and wander around the pasture in search of that perfect piece of grass.
The sheep are grazing one of our hay fields now. There is still one hay field left before we will need to start feeding hay. Each weekend Tom works on moving a fence. He has to take one fence up and move it to the next hayfield. But every day that we go without feeding hay is a savings. This seasons rain made hay making very difficult. It also made for lots of pasture. This is the first time that I can remember in a long time that we have not been supplementing the pastures with hay in November.

The knit/spin in this week will be on Wednesday, 11am-3pm. I am looking forward to a big group this week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am reading this article second time today, you have to be more careful with content leakers. If I will fount it again I will send you a link

Anonymous said...

I really like when people are expressing their opinion and thought. So I like the way you are writing