Tuesday, November 24, 2009



Yesterday I picked up the last of the wool from Green Mountain Spinnery. If I were an experienced blogger I would have had my camera ready for this event. Instead I can only tell you about the trip. It is such a great drive. Heading out on rt 22 through Cambridge, NY and then to Bennington, VT. Unfortunately the moose are gone. On the trip to deliver the wool to the spinnery the moose were in abundance on the sidewalks of Bennington. My guess is that they were put away for winter, but it was disappointing. Then the drive takes me through Wilmington. I took a few minutes and stopped to browse. There is a gallery in an old church with the most amazing things. My favorite was the vegetable art; a variety vegetables that were sliced and dried into parchment. WOW!!

Today is the beginning of the dyeing marathon. I was able to dye warm colors with the gray that I had picked up in October. But now with the white I can get those bright colors. Today list includes the neon green, bright blue, yellow, pinks...any other ideas??



I was fortunate to have a driver yesterday. While riding I was working on a new hat. This is a pattern from Jared Flood. It is free on ravelry. I just love it. I didn't have any multiple colored skeins to use when I started this, so I used three different colors. By the end of today I will have those multiple colored skeins to use. Can't wait!! It fits so well, and it is any easy, fast knit. This would be a great hat for a man's gift.



Don't forget that knit nite is tonight, 6:30 to 9:30 pm. All are welcome!! (if your here you will be the first to see the new colors)

No comments: