Sunday, January 31, 2010

The view from Jackson Hole, WY

Finally a picture of finished objects on this blog.  I am terrible about finishing things, but these were a Christmas gift, so I persevered.
                                                     
I even removed the needles before a wrapped them!!  Unfortuately, there was a second pair of socks to be given to the spouse.  They were not completed on time.

I wrapped his socks with the  needles in and not nearly as close to being finished as these are. 

The good news is that I did finish them.  I was pushed to complete them before they left for their winter vacation.

Here they are completed and frolicking in Jackson Hole, WY


Below is the ski report from Jackson Hole.  I'm not a skier, but 6 feet of snow!!!... I am happy to see it in pictures!  The weather report calls for snow everyday this week. 

Thank goodness for wool socks!!  I have started a pair for me this week, we'll see how long before they're done.

Make your own socks.  Class starts Thursday, February 18 at 11am.  It will be a two or three week class depending on your knitting skills.   The class is $15 a week, plus 1 skein of Foster Farm Sock yarn, and a set of #2 needles.    The class will run from 11am - 2pm.  Bring your own bagged lunch.  It is lambing month, so bring warm clothes if you want to visit the barn and the new lambs!!

Also, New Classes starting this week...on Saturday, February Sweater if you are signed up please email me about what yarn you want to use.  I may need to dye it for you. 
Learn to Knit is every Thursday evening at 6:30pm...Thrumed Mitts is Friday at 4pm.  If you are planning to attend any of these classes, please contact me so that i have enough supplies on hand.



email me at fostersheepfarm@gmail.com to sign up.

Full Report


New Snow: 0 in.


Primary Surface Conditions: Packed powder


Base Depth Min: 54 in.


Base Depth Max: 69 in.


# Lifts Open: 11


# Trails Open: 114


Grooming: 1


Skiable Trails Open: 114


% Skiable Acres Open: 100 %


Cross Country: 15 km


Hours of Operation: Mon Fri 9a 4p


Operating Status: N/A


Snow Comments: 8 " past 4 days


Last Update: Jan 30, 2010 - 6:10am

No comments: