Friday, January 8, 2010

1st Annual Rock Day Gathering



I just open the blog to post and saw just how close this is.  Two days...isn't it exciting!!

When I made the decision to have this gathering I knew it would be a lot of work, but I always work better under a deadline so I thought this would be a good deadline.  Then I heard from so many of you,  you are such an inspiration group.  I wonder if all spinners and knitters are like this? 

It has been a whirlwind week.  I am so fortuate to be a part of this Foster family. They have done so much to help us make this new venture work for us.  We started sorting the contents of the farmhouse on Friday.  We worked late into the night on Friday and Saturday.  It was amazing.  I was at the Saratoga Farmers Market on Saturday morning and when I walked back in the farmhouse door in the afternoon I was overwhelmed by all the work this crew can do in such a short amount of time.  Its not easy work.  Its emotional, its stressful and its just plain hard work.   They worked together and made it happen.  Sunday was a clean-up and pack up of what was going to siblings homes, with the fondest of memories of their lives here on the farm.

For Tom and I,  Sunday was a trip to New Hampshire to deliver our youngest child to the next step of her life.  It was a snowy trip, it took longer than we planned, but all went well.  We have heard from her and all is well with her. 

Monday was the start of the remaking of the farmhouse.  I was overwhelmed again, spinning in circles, out of control.  With the help of my son and my fiber friends this place has been transformed from family farmhouse to The Yarn Shop at Fostersheepfarm.  It is still a work in progress... but it is so nice.  I can't wait for you all to come.  This is just the beginning of many things to come.


Just a reminder

The 1st Annual Rock Day Gathering is Sunday, January 10th, from 10am to 4pm. All are welcome, the more the merrier.   It is a pot luck gathering of spinners and knitters. Bring a dish to pass, I will provide coffee and tea.  Don't forget you spinning or knitting projects.   

Also by tonight I will post the new class list for January and February.  So check back to the blog tonight or tomorrow.

See you all soon!!!

Carole
  

No comments: