Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I can no longer look out the window to see the sheep.  The snow is beautiful!! but the sheep are in the barn.  We started feeding hay in the pasture on Wednesday when the snow fall was over a foot!!  (the weather men thought we would get a couple of inches)  Then the prediction for freezing rain on Sunday prompted us to bring the sheep inside.  I'm not sure if they are happier, but we all feel better. 

For me it wouldn't be December without a push to finish up a few projects for gifts.  On the needles right now are fingerless mitts...socks...and a new project, it's the Button-up Neck Warmer by Mavis Adam.  Its in the Summer 2009 issue of Spin Off.  When they posted it in the summer I was not inspired to make it.  I wish I was one of those people that would plan ahead.  I don't think there is any hope of changeing that about me at this late date.  But now that the weather is changing, I am ready for a new scarf.  Its simple and fun to knit.  I also have another new project on the needles that I can't tell you about until after Christmas.  After all, aren't the secrets one of the best part of Christmas?   I remember when the kids were young it seemed impossible to sneak a few minutes to work on a secret project.  I still enjoy keeping gifts a secret from them.

With all this knitting to do, I am walking away from the computer and getting back to the needles. 

No comments: