Monday, December 28, 2009

Out the window today was snow



Yes!! More snow and again just enough to coat the ground.  I do love a covering of snow!!   The bird feeder is a very busy place, with a good assortment of birds.  These are the things that I look forward to in winter. 


On the needles I have still not finished the list of Christmas knitting that I had wanted to complete.  The good news is that the sock yarn is great!!  I'm sure that I mentioned before how happy I am with this years sock yarn, but the more I work with it the better I like it!! 

The blog site now has a spot to rsvp about Rock Day.  Rock Day is the day after Twelfthday, when, with the Christmas holidays being over, women returned to spinning. We invite you to join us in honoring our predecessors with a pot luck gathering. Please bring your spinning or knitting project and a dish to pass!!  I have heard already that a few of you will be joining us, it should be a great gathering.  Please feel free to invite your friends, the more the merrier at this event.  We will have plenty of room!!

The next big event will be our shearing day open house.  It will be on January 24.  We are scheduled to start shearing at 9am.  It will take most of the day to shear the 60 some sheep.  Everyone gets a haircut at this time of year at the Foster Farm.  It is best for the sheep and the shepherd.  More details will be posted soon!!

While all of these upcoming events are filling this page, don't forget that the next gathering of knitters and spinners at the farmhouse is Wednesday, Dec. 30.  We generally meet at around 11am, bring our own lunch, and stay until 3 or 4pm.  We have a great time and enjoy each others projects.  In the past there has always been a goodie to share that we took turns bringing.  I thought it wasn't necessary to have the goodie.  I now believe that I was wrong. ( I don't confess to being wrong often so listen up!!)  It is nice to have something made by someone else, it is often a new recipe for someone in the group and we share that also.  So let me suggest that we bring back the dessert.  I will start this off and volunteer for dessert on Wednesday. 

Hope to see many of you there...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Carole,

I will be thinking of you on Rock Day and during the Spinners Guild meeting. thank you for offering to host our meetings. I am in Belize enjoying the sun and will be back in May. Hope to see everyone then. meanwhile Happy New year and keep spinning and knitting.

Donna celeste