Thursday, March 25, 2010

Spring

It has again been a busy week here at the Foster Sheep Farm.  With the frost out of the ground Tom, took advantage of the nice weather on Friday to start on the sidewalk to the shop.
 It didn't take to long to tear the old sidewalk out, and we are hoping that by the end of this weekend we will have a new sidewalk installed. 

On Saturday I was lucky enough to catch a ride to Manchester, NH.  It was a beautiful day, but there was still snow on the ground in places and the ski slopes were busy.  I had a mission, well really two missions.  I was able to see my daughter and to drop off and pick up wool at Sallie Fenn Fiber Mill. 



 Its a great mill, we are very happy with her work.  I dropped off some alpaca and wool to be blended and to be spun into yarn.  I was also able to pick up some samples of the Wensleydale yarn.  OHHHH wait until you see that!!!  She had to rewash my wool, so it wasn't ready for pick up, but she will be shipping it out soon.  I will let you know when its in the shop.


On the drive I was working on some little chicks to hang in the shop window.  Here is a peek...

            UPCOMING CLASSES


Learn to knit, Learn to spin, Turkish Rose Mittens, Amanda's Squatty Sidekick Bag, Magic Loop Sock Technique, The Rhapsody Hat and Learn to Dye Your Own Wool.     For a copy of this class list contact me at fostersheepfarm@gmail,com or by phone at 518-695-3058

No comments: